The Footballing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brisbane Roar sign Young Socceroos keeper Andrew Redmayne

2 posters

Go down

Brisbane Roar sign Young Socceroos keeper Andrew Redmayne Empty Brisbane Roar sign Young Socceroos keeper Andrew Redmayne

Post by Cenation Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:23 pm

Brisbane Roar sign Young Socceroos keeper Andrew Redmayne

January 18, 2010 In a worrying sign for Brisbane Roar's current glovemen, the A-League club have signed Young Socceroos goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne on a two-year deal starting from next season.

And the A-League club - currently battling for a top six finals berth - reportedly haven't ruled out signing another `keeper for 2010-11.

It is more bad news for the Roar's current glovemen Griffin McMaster and Matt Ham.

Out of sorts while battling a foot injury, McMaster was dropped for the last clash against Newcastle last Saturday night.

However, Ham - initially signed by the Roar almost three years ago - hardly had an A-League debut to remember after finally snaffling up his chance.

The 26-year-old let in two goals from a Jets side playing their third game in six days.

Not one to shy away from the tough calls, Roar coach Ange Postecoglou has made his intentions clear by bringing in Redmayne next season from Central Coast Mariners.

In all, goalkeeper Liam Reddy, Scottish playmaker Charlie Miller and marquee player Craig Moore have moved on since Postecoglou took over from sacked coach Frank Farina in October.

Redmayne has been with the Mariners since 2007 but has had to bide his time behind No.1 keeper and Socceroos squad member Danny Vukovic.

The 21-year-old has played just three matches, one of those as a substitute, since joining the Mariners prior to the 2007 pre-season cup tournament.

And the youngster - who worked with Postecoglou at the AIS program - made it clear he wanted the No.1 job at the Roar next season.

"I was excited by the new challenge of a new place, but also the opportunity to play first team football," he said.

"It's been a while since I played under Ange, but I like Ange and I like the way he plays so I'm really looking forward to getting up there."

In another comment that should make McMaster and Ham anxious, Postecoglou said the 194cm Redmayne could become ``one of the A-League's premier glovemen''.

"We were looking for a goalkeeper for next year and he's one I think ticks quite a few boxes,'" Postecoglou said.

"He's young, an U20 international and I think he's in the next line of Australian keepers to come through - I think he's got outstanding potential.

"We're offering him the opportunity to grab the No.1 spot at Brisbane Roar, so it's up to him but I'm pretty confident he can fill that spot."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26602888-5000940,00.html

Good signing hopefully he can get a crack and put a few good performances on the table as the Roar don't really have a stand out keeper.
Cenation
Cenation
Admin

https://footballingforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Brisbane Roar sign Young Socceroos keeper Andrew Redmayne Empty Re: Brisbane Roar sign Young Socceroos keeper Andrew Redmayne

Post by Newcastle_Fan4life Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:15 pm

it will be intresting to see if he gets a game, if he does it will be intresting to see how he goes.
Newcastle_Fan4life
Newcastle_Fan4life

Back to top Go down